Thursday, March 25, 2010

* My Mothers Christmas room*

As I opened the French doors, and walked into my mothers living room AKA "The Christmas Room" I sat for a while thinking of ways I could freshen it up by making the space more cozy and less stale. The room is already filled with 3 Christmas trees she refuses to take down. So there is some Christmas Cheer 12 months a year whenever you may need it! I noticed the letter desk wasn't being used it was filled with family pictures and as Melinda calls it PEEP-E-NICK-E..(random things) I decided that it needed a new home.
... MY MOTHERS BEDROOM!

After moving the desk to my moms bedroom, I realized I had a whole new project, I thought boy "One thing leads to another!...I moved her King size bed, her Tv, and two side tables. All this just to accommodate her new tenant "The Desk". Oh and I hung up a picture too. After all this I returned to "The Christmas Room" and I thought that book shelf needs to move but, ITS HEAVY!.. Well, when there is a will there is a way! I took down all the books, all her peepenicke, threw some stuff away I don't think she would notice and, I moved the heavy shelf PUSH BY PUSH and SHOVE BY SHOVE...

AND THIS IS WHAT HER CHRISTMAS ROOM LOOKS LIKE.. Notice: the shelf's new resting place.. Another tree...
Blessed Mother and baby.
Notice she wont let go of the 1977 books..oops upside down Rome book.

Beys family..Bey and Mel both have their table with their family photos displayed Bobby and I don't humm?
Mels family..
More pictures..
different angle..



NOTE: No kids are allowed in this room unless its CHRISTMAS!

8 comments:

  1. you did it again!! great job, you have what it takes---alot of muscle to push n shove---eheheh, not really, you have good taste!! it looks so pro.. Maybe u should take up decorator, both in and out!! KEEP IT UP, U R DOING JUST GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never thought your mom would have her Christmas tree still up. hmmm??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brin, She love's her X-mas room that way...
    she can feel jolly all year round and, she doesnt have to worry about putting her tree up come November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sweet, do you have the nutmeg and buttercrisp smell entailed in the connotation. Absolutley amazing how one keeps the spirit all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. marissa how are you posting pics on your blog, and able to write a detail between each picture.. I cannot do this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, Romeo has personalized for me! Call me

    ReplyDelete
  7. LAZY LAZY LAZY...........ALL I HAVE TO SAY--TAKE THE TREE DOWN IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 45-MIN TO 1 HOUR!!!!!!!!! THATS IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments!

I can be reached at MarissaSanchez100@Yahoo.com