" I love how clear your pictures look maybe I should convince my husband to buy me a camera like yours"... She quickly looks away from her camera and tells me ..."Honey do you know how much this camera and all these lenses cost?...
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Because I like my food delicious, and fast I take many short-cuts in my kitchen
And its really not that uncommon that sometimes it's
Now don't laugh!
I never claimed to be
some in my family call me
Okay, so I cheat!... but then again who doesn't?
I use about 3 of these soup-man boxes
Posted by Marissa at 11:00 AM
Friday, March 8, 2013
I am happy to report that I have found "the pillow" I want to thank all of you bloggers for your wonderful suggestions. I went ahead and returned the pricey pillow and ordered this one. A water based pillow by Mediflow.
The pillow has a pouch you fill with water. You can adjust your choice of support by the amount of water you put in it. At first I listened to my husband and filled it to the limit, and guess what?.. It was too firm. I should of known better than to listen to him.. The next morning I took some water out, and got rid of the air bubbles and waited for night to come..
I can honestly say that my neck pain is disappearing, I don't wake up like 15 times a night, and sometimes it sort of reminds me of my mothers 1980s water bed.
( only when I move and hear the water)
The only thing I am worried about is a weird accident where in the middle of the night this pillow bursts. That would seriously only happen to me..
So far so good!
Posted by Marissa at 8:00 AM
Monday, March 4, 2013
Kristy over at http://www.thankfulme.net/ awarded me the Liebster award. WooHoo!!!!! Thank you so much Kristi!
At first, I thought this had something to do with Lobsters, turns out it doesn't, ( had to re-look at spelling ) but that wouldn't be a bad idea since we are in midst of lenten season, and seafood is so darn expensive now would it?
After doing a little research on the Liebster Award, it seems like a sort of “Pay It Forward” kind of award.
Okay, so here are the rules....
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
I hope I am doing this right...
Okay, here we go....
Here are the random FACTS about me...
- I have never ever eaten a Big Mac in my life. Not even a taste..Why?.. Well It just never has appealed to me simple as that.
- I have been in the Oval office once during the Clinton administration and the Press room. A post I will do one day..
- I hate Mayonnaise. Once my mom ordered me a Whopper with mayo and I refused to eat it!! she took it off with a butter knife,but I still knew it was there. Needless to say I did not eat dinner that day.
- I speak Spanglish! What that means is I go from Spanish to English or English to Spanish without even a thought, and combine the two. Drives my husband crazy!!
- Spanish was my first language.
- I just recently learned how to ride a bike. I'm really getting good at riding, but stopping is a whole other story! Its never too late to learn!!
- I can't really tell time with a watch that has lots of graphics on it.
- I hardly ever turn left. I will turn right and go until there is no traffic and come back.There has to be a green arrow for me to turn left.
- I am not very sentimental, I can part with things very easily especially if it creates clutter.
- I don't know how to turn on our living room TV.. And that is because we have like 4 remotes. Each one serves a purpose, and I get really frustrated by that, so I just don't turn it on .. my bedroom Tv has one remote. ON and OFF.. love it!!
- Sometimes I sneak in snacks into a movie theater in a big purse. The prices of soft drinks are ridiculous!!
Which would you rather have, 20 chickens or 1 goat?
I think I would rather have 20 chickens.. If my family found out I had a goat they would want to kill it and have a fiesta (party) goat meat with blood is supposed to be really good. Don't worry I have never eaten a cabrito and don't plan too.
Would you rather travel back in time or forward in time?
Oh that is easy I would love to go back in time!! I love the teenage time those were some fun times!! 80s were the best!!!
If you had unlimited resources, where would you like to vacation, and what would you do?
Good one! I think for me, It would be Greece after watching Mama Mia I don't know how many times Greece is where I'd go!
Would you rather sleep in or stay up late?
I would rather sleep!! I have not been getting sleep as I should, so sleep wins!
Which major would you choose if you were to attend college now?
At this moment right this moment it would be Law School .. I guess I have been
watching way too much of the Jodi Arias trial..
If you could visit (or live in) any make-believe land from literature, which would you choose?
The wonderful world of Oz of course!!
It's nearly dinnertime, and you forgot to plan. What do you have for dinner?
Lubys is 5 min away. Thank heavens!!
What makes you laugh?
My husband hands down. No one I know is as funny as he is!! He can walk into any room and all of a sudden there is laughter.
What is one character trait you admire?
I would say my honesty..I love being honest with people!
What are the biggest influences in your life?
Oh my gosh...I hope you meant Who?.. and that would be God!!
Do you still live in your hometown? If not, how far away do you live?
Yes and No... I live here in the Rio Grande Valley, so that is a yes, but live
different city of the valley than my hometown. I live in Weslaco which is a 20 min
drive to my hometown of Mission in the valley...hope I didn't confuse you...
And now, without further ado, I pass along the awards to the following awesome worth reading blogs!!!
Maria at http://susiquetzalli.blogspot.com
Tete of http://tete-beyondthegardengate.blogspot.com/
Ann, Heather, and Shiela at http://friendshiplifeandstyle.blogspot.com/
Sylvia at http://mydaytolive.blogspot.com/
Dewena at http://awindow-lookacrosstheway.blogspot.com/
Kathy from http://kathystripthroughlife.blogspot.com/
Poppy from http://poppyview.blogspot.com/
Maddie at http://tingeofwhimsy.blogspot.com/
Gina at http://puravidanow.blogspot.com/
Marisa at http://mangiamangianotalk.blogspot.com/
Jan at http://thecomfortofasafeplace.blogspot.com/
And now for the fun part my questions to the nominees
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Are you a realist or an idealist?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- Are you a touchy feely person?
- What would you do with your life if nobody was watching, judging or commenting?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Are you superstitions? don't walk under a latter, black cat crossing you path, a rabbits foot will bring you luck etc..
- Do you take morning or night showers?
- You get an unexpected check from your insurance company for $1000 dollars what do you do with it?
- What was the last perfume you bought?
Posted by Marissa at 12:10 PM