Friday, May 26, 2023

My father

My father Robert De la Garza entered eternal rest on January 14th, 2023 
He was 81 years old.
My father suffered a stroke many years ago which affected the right side of his body and was partially paralyzed. It completely changed his life . He went from being a strong independent person capable of almost any task to being totally dependent on my mother 
Earlier in 2022 he need gallbladder surgery and after that it really went down hill quickly. He wasn't the same and required more around the clock nursing which now meant nursing home or the new fancy way of saying it  "Transitional care" He wasn't the type to complain he just dealt with it the best he could. I'm pretty sure he felt uncomfortable and out of place. Who wouldn't? We would try our hardest to be there every week-end his eyes would light up every time he saw any family member, It was one of the hardest things to see. I learned a lot of lessons from him and miss him everyday.  I try to tell Tealyn as many stories as I can about my upbringing . I want her to remember him as much as she can.  
The day we were making the funeral arrangements we got a phone call that my aunt Licha my dads sister had collapsed . She past away the next day.  Very unexpected!!  She was also an amazing person with a heart of gold. May they both rest in eternal peace..









 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your losses coming so close to each other. Your dad looks like a sweet, gentle soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your losses so close together! I have been away from here way too long. It seems like so many of us just dropped off and went on to other things in life. I am back to my blog...giving it another go. Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments!

I can be reached at MarissaSanchez100@Yahoo.com