Thursday, March 22, 2018

What matters most

 water-bead play

The other night my husband and I sat down after we put Tealyn to bed and watched a dozen home videos. I couldn't believe how fast shes grown. Where has time gone?.. My heart sank as I watched with tears. People always tell you they will grow right before your eyes that couldn't be more true. I was so amazed at the things she was doing and saying at just a year old. I wanted to jump into my TV hold her tightly kiss her and never let go. Watching these videos of her made me realize the importance of being home with her, but  most importantly being a present mother


Sometimes we get caught up in our own daily stuff/ routines house chores, material possessions, social media, going here and there. We don't pause and be still, we are too much in a hurry that we take for granted-what's most important and precious and growing right before our very eyes.  Our children are the biggest and greatest blessing we can ever have, and we are the biggest influence they have. 
  
These early years are so special and should be treasured because you can never get them back and there are no re-dos. One shot is all we have to raise them with all the love, care and security they deserve. We should be more attentive more still, more patient and live more in the moment. We should always try and see things through their eyes, I know if we do our reward is far greater than we can ever imagine.











3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and have missed reading it. You are exactly right our children are precious and nothing is more important. your daughter is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Marissa. You are a wonderful example of how to be still and present. your daily activities and fun play is evident in her sweet character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Marissa! So good to see you and Tealyn! Big Hugs to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments!

I can be reached at MarissaSanchez100@Yahoo.com