It's cocktail time!
And I can't think of anything better than watermelon margaritas rimmed with Trechas chilli powder.
A few weeks ago my husband and I went and had lunch at one of our favorites
I was so impressed by this cocktail I ordered two.
I left the restaurant feeling It was 1997
and felt like dancing to
slowly reality set in
Anyway, I finally had the chance to recreate this amazing
and I gotta say... I think I nailed it.
So refreshing. I think it's perfect for a summer party.
My little cocktail hour was interrupted by a certain someone who woke up earlier than expected, so she joined us.
I think happy hour lasted a total of 20 min. :)
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 6 ounces tequila, such as Partida Reposado
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar (see note at left)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup Watermelon Concentrate (recipe follows)
- Coarse salt and lime zest or Trechas chili powder (see note)
- Cut limes
- Garnish: fresh watermelon wedges
- Place tequila, 1⁄4 cup water, agave nectar, lime juice, and Watermelon Concentrate in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, and shake vigorously, 12 to 14 times.
- Place salt and lime zest (or Trechas) in a shallow dish or saucer. Moisten rims of 4 martini glasses with cut limes. Dip glasses in salt mixture or Trechas.
- Pour watermelon mixture into prepared glasses. Garnish with watermelon wedges, if desired.
- Notes: Trechas can be found in the produce section of some grocery stores. For more information, visit trechas.com.
- Watermelon Concentrate
- 8 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- Instructions Place watermelon in the container of a blender. Blend until watermelon is as liquefied as possible.Pour puréed watermelon through a large strainer. Using a wooden spoon or pestle, push fruit through strainer to extract as much juice as possible. Discard remaining pulp. Use within 24 hours