Saturday, June 6, 2015

Pinterest-ing toddler activities.

Keeping little Miss Tealyn busy playing with toys other than the I- pad have 
been a challenge. She loves to get on to YouTube and listen to the Mother Goose club songs and different educational apps.  We didn't mind because she really has learned a whole lot of songs and rhymes, but I really feel strong about children having real play time.. Old fashioned playing that lets the imagination flourish like the kind we had as kids is what, I want for her... So, we have made some changes.....We have limited her time on the I-pad to 15 min in the morning twice a week and sometimes we don't even use it... We focus more on PLAYING and, I  have toddler music playing on Pandora app on my computer.

Here are some fun toddler activities we found on Pintrest..   

Dollar store Pom-poms
I call this scooping. She scoops one pom-pom from one bowl to another
She LOVES it and we also sort colors too...
Fun
Dollar store clay and tray..
Cheerio stacking with spaghetti and clay..Love this when I am food prepping . Keeps her busy for about 20 min
Crayon shoot..
kept her busy for about 10 min . I think maybe boys would probably enjoy this one better
notice how she put a car instead of a crayon.
She got tired of shooting crayons down the paper roll and started placing all the crayons in cup then she would empty it..
Shaving creme & food coloring
Note to self: when doing this don't buy a shaving creme with cologne. UGH...


She really loves this so much it is hard getting her out. .

Love to see her play..
Lego blocks never gets old..
This is one of my favorites...




Her very favorite kind of play is with her daddy..




10 comments:

  1. she's getting so big and she's so cute!!! i like how when she's doing a task, she takes it very seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a beautiful happy baby. I love to see them playing with real toys and using their imagination. Cute shots.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so gorgeous! I think I could have some fun with those games, give me the shaving cream and colour!!!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "High Heels and Daffodils" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-sunday-drive_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, and she is adorable! Great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you! hope you summer is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Golly she's cute! What wonderful activities you have found for her. She looks very content and happy and I can tell that her Daddy is high on her list. Hope that you have had a very good summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments!

I can be reached at MarissaSanchez100@Yahoo.com