Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mexican Christmas cookies


Also known as Mexican wedding cookies, Snow balls, Danish wedding cookies, Pecan balls etc...I had been searching for the perfect recipe for a while experimented with a few, but none like this one. These truly melt in your mouth!
First, sift 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
Cream 2 sticks of Falfurrias unsalted butter, sifted powdered sugar,and 1tsp Vanilla extract. ( must be Falfurrias butter) then add 2 cups of flour (I mixed it in my mixer then half way used my hands)
Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.. (I used half walnuts and half pecans to make 1/2 cup)You can add a little more I did... just not a whole cup)

I pulled out my mini chopper for this task...

Now for the fun part.... knead dough! I promise this will give you softer hands.

Keep going....

Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 20 min at 325 degrees ( make sure you don't go over one minute)

Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Cool completely on wire rack, about 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar again.

Took the picture to soon still needed 2nd coat did not have time for it they disappeared in a flash.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post..I am trying this one! Thanks for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments!

I can be reached at MarissaSanchez100@Yahoo.com